top of page


  • What type of product do I need?
    SOUNDPROOFING If the Noise or Sound you are hearing is generated in a DIFFERENT space, room or enclosure than you, then you should choose a SOUNDPROOFING PRODUCT. Soundproofing Products stop noise from traveling through walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows. SOUND ABSORBING If the Noise or Sound you are hearing is generated in a SAME space, room or enclosure as you, then you should choose a SOUND ABSORPTION PRODUCT. Sound Absorption Products improve the overall acoustics of the environment by reducing Echo.
  • How do I obtain a quote?
    You can either contact by click on the ‘contact us‘ page to send us an email or speak to one of the friendly advisors on 0118 391 5262
  • What is a sound barrier?
    A sound barrier is a sound blocker and usually includes insulation with a high mass, which then reduces the amount of sound that can pass through it. A standard domestic door is an excellent example of a noise barrier when it is closed as it reduces the sound of external noise. Sound waves flow like water and air, so it is impracticable to use a sound barrier such as a fence or screen to stop the noise, but they are useful when applied to reduce noise immediately on the other side of them. From distances farther away the noise reduction will be less efficient.
  • What are the different types of noise?
    There are two different kinds of noise: Airbourne Noise – Sounds transmitted between rooms via flanking elements instead of directly through separating elements or along any path other than the direct path. To reduce the amount of sound heard by the other person you would need to install a barrier or Sound Insulator between the source and you, the thicker and denser the barrier then the better the sound reduction will be. Impact Noise – This is the transmission of sound via the connection of different Materials to each other i.e. Footsteps on a floor of a house. To reduce vibration transmission, you need to either stop the sound getting into the floor, out of the ceiling or a combination of both, by adding a Floating Floor or an Acoustic ceiling system.
  • What is flanking noise?
    Flanking noise is more often perceived in flats where noise is transmitted through the fabric of the building. Flanking noise is more often caused by impact noise and often travels through the walls of the building. This is more of a problem if the walls are of a lightweight construction so it is important the correct density blocks are used in the construction of new flats today. Normally a minimum 7 kilonewton density block is specified today to reduce flanking noise nuisance and also help comply with the current regulations for noise control in flats and other multi-occupied buildings.
  • What is vibration noise?
    Noise from vibration is often a problem and can be caused by something simple such as a washing machine or a more extreme example such as heavy industrial machinery in a factory. Noise from vibration will generate both flanking noise and airborne noise depending on its location.
  • What is soundproofing?
    Soundproofing is the process of making a room or a building resistant to the passage of sound through noise reduction techniques.
  • Are we insured?
    Yes we are fully business and public liability insured.
  • Is our work guaranteed?
    We are so confident about our workmanship that we offer a 10 year guarantee on just that! We cannot be held accountable for sound leakage occurring from changes in the structural integrity of a room / building.
  • Do you plaster the finished wall / ceiling?
    Yes we do.
  • Do you provide coverings for the floor and furniture?
    Yes, we provide coverings for all furniture staying in the room as well as an extremely durable floor covering.
  • Why do I need to use a soundproofing company, why can’t I use a builder?"
    We do this day in day out and pay huge attention to detail. There are many opportunities for error and when an error is made it can render the whole soundproofing system null and void. We are specialists in soundproofing and we know our stuff. Would you ask your gardener to build you an extension?
  • Will it cost more if the work is not completed by the deadline?
    No, all work is carried out on a fixed cost so this will not affect the end price whatsoever.
  • I have a fixed budget I need to work with for this soundproofing
    No worries, let us know where we need to be and we’ll do our upmost to meet you there but without compromising on material or workmanship quality.
  • Will my neighbours know we are having soundproofing work done?
    We offer a completely discreet service, with un-marked vehicles.
  • What are Part E Building Regulations?
    The government has attempted to tackle the noise pollution in new homes and refurbishment projects in the UK by introducing the Approved Document Part E Building Regulations. Airborne sound insulation is measured for separating walls and floors and is the level of sound barriered from transmitting through to the party wall, floor or ceiling. This came into force on 1st July 2003 for refurbishment projects which introduced minimum decibel figure of 43dB Dnt,w +Ctr for airborne sound transmission where the higher the measured figure the better the sound insulation. 64dB Lnt,w for impact noise transmission to separating floors with the lower the figure the better. On 1st July 2004 they enforced a minimum airborne sound transmission performance of 45dB Dnt,w +Ctr for separating floors, ceiling and walls and maximum impact airborne sound transmission of 62dB Lnt,w. See link below to the government website with full document.
bottom of page